What are PPECCs?
Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Centers (PPECCs) allow minors from birth through age 20 with medically complex conditions to receive daily medical care in a non-residential setting.
When prescribed by a physician, minors can attend a PPECC up to a maximum of 12 hours per day to receive medical, nursing, psychosocial, therapeutic and developmental services appropriate to their medical condition and developmental status.
The Health and Human Services Commission began licensing and regulating the centers on Jan. 1, 2015.
Click here for news, information letters (ILs) & provider letters (PLs).
Contact Program Staff
For policy or rules information, call 512-438-3161 or email PolicyRulesTraining@hhsc.state.tx.us.
PPECC Provider Directory
- Directory of all Texas PPECC providers in Excel format
- Directory of all Texas PPECC providers in PDF format
Statutes & Rules
Senate Bill 492, 83rd Legislature, Regular Session, 2013, authorized the licensing of Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Centers.
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 26, Part 1, Chapter 550, Licensing Standards for Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Centers
- Texas Health and Safety Code, Title 4, Chapter 248A: Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Centers
- Texas Health and Safety Code, Title 4, Chapter 250: Nurse Aide Registry and Criminal History Checks of Employees and Applicants for Employment in Certain Facilities Serving the Elderly or Persons with Disabilities
- Texas Health and Safety Code, Title 4, Chapter 253: Employee Misconduct Registry
- Texas Health and Safety Code, Title 4, Chapter 260A: Reports of Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation of Residents of Certain Facilities
Other Rules and Statutes
This course is designed to offer a computer based training (CBT) to satisfy the HHSC pre-licensing program training requirement, which is part of TAC; Title 26, Part 1, Chapter 550 Licensing Standards for Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Centers. An administrator or alternate administrator of a center must complete the HHSC pre-licensing program training titled Overview of Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Center Licensing Standards in Texas before an applicant may submit an initial application for a license.
To document successful course completion, the participants must print a copy of the course certificate available at the end of the training and keep the certificate for documentation purposes.
Please click here to take the training.
You may also find other web-based training by clicking on this link.