Note: These documents are in PDF format unless otherwise indicated.
Contact the state MDS Automation Coordinator with corrections to posted documents or suggestions for new documents.
MDS 3.0 Documents
- Emergency MDS Protocol – steps that should be taken by MDS Coordinators in preparation for the possibility of evacuations and emergency weather events.
- Section GG and NPE Discharge Assessment FAQ — A Frequently Asked Questions document concerning Section GG and NPE Discharge Assessment
- Short Stay Double-Check — A worksheet that you can use to confirm that a record qualifies as a short stay assessment (Z0100C=1) using efficient MDS item logic derived from the MDS 3.0 RAI Manual.
- MDS 3.0 OBRA Assessment Scheduling Form (Adobe PDF | MS Word) — An optional form that providers can use to track past, pending, and upcoming OBRA-required MDS for a resident. [Updated 9/15/2011]
- MDS 3.0 Look-Back Periods — This is a reference table of look-back periods for all MDS 3.0 items.
- Resource Utilization Group (RUG) III Version 5.2 Worksheet (34 Group Model) —This RUG-III Version 5.2 calculation worksheet has been updated for the 34 Group Model currently used in Texas for nursing facility residents whose MDS 2.0 and MDS 3.0 indicates their stay is funded by Medicaid. This worksheet is a step-by-step walk through to manually determine the appropriate RUG-III classification based on the information from MDS 2.0 items. The conversion from MDS 3.0 to MDS 2.0 can be found on the CMS MDS 3.0 Technical Information website in the "RUG III Files" download.
- CASPER Folder Quick Tips — This QTSO memo describes the CASPER reports folders that are available to MDS providers.