What is a HCSSA?
Home and community support services agencies (HCSSAs) provide services such as:
- physical, occupational, speech, respiratory or intravenous therapy;
- social services;
- personal assistance services;
- nutritional counseling; and
- terminal and palliative care (through hospice agencies)
to individuals in a residence or independent living environment.
Hospice agencies and hospice inpatient facilities provide intervention services that focus primarily on the reduction or abatement of physical, psychological, or spiritual symptoms of a terminal illness for consumers. They also provide support services for consumers and their families.
- HCSSA State Crosswalk (PDF)
- HCSSA Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the ANE Reporting Process (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions for HCSSA Providers (PDF)
- Infection Prevention and Control Measures for Common Infections in LTC Facilities (PDF)
- PAS Infection Control Probe Tool (PDF)
- Omnicare POC Testing FAQs for Healthcare Professionals (PDF)
Contact Program Staff
Licensing and certification: 512-438-2630
OASIS help desk: 512-438-4122
Policy and rule interpretations: 512-438-3161 / PolicyRulesTraining@hhsc.state.tx.us
Regional nurses: Community Services regional contacts for your region
Long-term care regulatory regional contact numbers
Regulatory Comment Card Survey
Please complete a short feedback survey about the recent visit to your facility by the HHSC Long-Term Care Regulatory Division.