What is a HCSSA?
Home and community support services agencies (HCSSAs) provide services such as
- physical, occupational, speech, respiratory or intravenous therapy;
- social services;
- personal assistance services;
- nutritional counseling; and
- terminal and palliative care (through hospice agencies)
- to individuals in a residence or independent living environment.
Hospice agencies and hospice inpatient facilities provide intervention services that focus primarily on the reduction or abatement of physical, psychological, or spiritual symptoms of a terminal illness for consumers. They also provide support services for consumers and their families.
Click here for news, information letters (ILs) & provider letters (PLs).
Frequently Asked Questions for HCSSA Providers (PDF)
Infection Prevention and Control Measures for Common Infections in LTC Facilities (PDF)
PAS Infection Control Probe Tool (PDF)
Omnicare POC Testing FAQs for Healthcare Professionals (PDF)
Contact Program Staff
- Contracting: 512-438-2080
- Licensing and certification: 512-438-2630
- OASIS help desk: 512-438-4122
- Policy and rule interpretations: 512-438-3161 / PolicyRulesTraining@hhsc.state.tx.us
- Regional nurses: Community Services regional contacts for your region
- Regulatory Services regional contacts
Regulatory Comment Card Survey
Please click here to take a short survey about the recent visit to your facility by Texas Health & Human Services Commission - Long-Term Care Regulatory Division.