What is CLASS?
CLASS provides home- and community-based services to people with related conditions as a cost-effective alternative to placement in an intermediate care facility for individuals with an intellectual disability or a related condition. A related condition is a disability, other than an intellectual disability, that originated before age 22 and that affects a person's ability to function in daily life.
Don’t Miss Out on Emails from HHS
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) contracts with a company called Granicus to provide email updates, called GovDelivery. In accordance with your contract, and contracting rules at 40 Texas Administrative Code §49.302(g), you must subscribe to receive HHSC email updates, using this GovDelivery signup, and select Information Letters, Provider Alerts and the contract program type(s).
Contact Program Staff
- Provider/policy information: 512-438-5077
- Contracting information: 512-438-3550
- CLASS Interest List information: 877-438-5658
- Eligibility, enrollment, ID/RC, transfer, suspension and termination information: 512-438-2484
- Renewal and revision information: 512-438-4896
Statutes and Rules
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 26, Part 1, Chapter 259: Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS) and Community First Choice (CFC) Services
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 26, Part 1, Chapter 558: Licensing Standards for Home and Community Support Services Agencies
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 41: Consumer Directed Services Option
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 49: Contracting for Community Services