The Children with Special Health Care Needs Services Program helps people 20 years old and younger who have special health care needs, and people with cystic fibrosis of any age improve their health, well-being and quality of life.
The program focuses on family-centered and community-based strategies, and ensures families get services that honor and respect their cultural beliefs, traditions and values.
All services must be medically necessary. These include:
- Mental health
- Special medical equipment and supplies
- Family support services
- Community services
- Case management
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Time
Monday through Friday
Austin Area Phone
Remember not to send protected health information through unencrypted email. Include your full contact information and type of provider (physician, facility, dentist or other).
Children with Special Health Care Needs Services Program
Mail Code 1938
P.O. Box 149030
Austin, TX 78714-9947
- What is the Children with Special Health Care Needs Services Program? (PDF)
- ¿Qué es el Programa de Servicios para Niños con Necesidades Médicas Especiales (CSHCN)? (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- HIPAA General Information
- Online Provider Search
- Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership
- CSHCN Topic Nomination Form (PDF)