Current Registered User Login
(855) 435-7181 or (512) 438-4720, Monday - Friday, 7 a.m.–7 p.m. CST
The Client Assignment and Registration (CARE) system is an application that contains data for all Health and Human Services (HHS) clients served by the mental health and intellectual and developmental disability service areas. Types of data collected in CARE include: demographic, diagnostic, assessment, residential and service assignment, admission, discharge, commitment, and follow-up data. CARE has been operating for several decades; however, some of its functionalities have been transferred to other applications within the HHS System. CARE also includes an Oracle database updated nightly for reporting purposes
- Approved users need to log on to HHS VPN to access CARE.
- Users need a 3270 emulator (i.e., QWS3270) to navigate this system.
- WebCARE works with Chrome or Edge in Chrome mode.
New User Access Request
To request access, contact the HHS Consolidated Help Desk: (855) 435-7181 or (512) 438-4720. Request the CARE System Access Request Form. Follow the instructions, sign the form and submit using one of the following methods:
- Preferred: Select “Submit by Email”; when prompted, choose the “Desktop Email Application” option and select OK.
- Send form by email.
- Fax to: (512) 438-5157.
Once access to CARE is granted, users may also access CARE System Navigation Guide and Informational Materials.
For general, non-urgent questions, email the HHS Consolidated Help Desk. Once a ticket is generated, ask to assign it to the “Field Support” team.
Note: No new system functionality enhancement requests are currently being accepted.