The Health and Human Services Children's Autism Program (CAP) champions excellence in the delivery of services for families of children with autism. Services are provided through grant contracts with local community agencies and organizations that provide applied behavioral analysis and other positive behavior support strategies. The program helps improve the quality of life for children on the autism spectrum and their families.
- Children’s Autism Program Overview (PDF in English)
- Children’s Autism Program Overview (PDF in Spanish)
- Children’s Autism Program Policy Manual (PDF)
- Autism Data Reporting System
- Autism Data Reporting System Manual (PDF)
- Children’s Autism Program FY 2023 Cost Share Schedule (PDF)
- Form 3038, Children’s Autism Program Family Cost Share Attestation Worksheet
- Form 6000, Children's Autism Program Enrollment
- Form 6001, Autism Program Key Personnel Change Request
- Form 6003, Autism Program / Request for Advance Payment
Texas Medicaid also covers Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and many additional services for children with autism who are Medicaid members. Here is an additional resource for families:
Note: The revised CAP monthly reporting packet (MRP), specific to each contractor, will be provided at the beginning of each fiscal year of the contract period for the monthly invoice submissions. A copy of the current contract specific MRPs are also located in the Extranet Contractor Portal for download.
Get Email Updates
Would you like to receive notices and updates about the Children’s Autism Program? Sign up for our email list.