Child Care Enforcement (CCE) will only accept a request for an administrative review that meets the requirements prescribed by 26 TAC Chapter 745, §745.8805:
(a) To request an administrative review, a person must submit a written request by regular mail, email, or fax to the name and address indicated in the notification letter or inspection report.
(b) The written request must:
- Describe the specific decision or action that the requestor is disputing;
- Describe the reasons why the decision or action should not be upheld;
- Include any documentation that supports the requestor's position, such as photographs, diagrams, or written and signed statements; and
- Be timely.
(c) For a request to be timely:
- A mailed request must be postmarked within 15 days after the person receives notification of the right to request an administrative review; or
- An emailed or faxed request must be received within the 15 days after the person receives notification of the right to request an administrative review.
If a request for an administrative review does not include the specific decision or action that the requestor is disputing (the reason why the decision or action should not be upheld), and if all information is not postmarked or emailed within the 15 day requirement, the administrative review will be waived and the decision or action upheld, as prescribed by 26 TAC Chapter 745, §745.8807.
An individual requesting administrative review is encouraged to use HHSC Form 2940, Request for an Administrative Review located on the Child Care Regulation Forms webpage. This form meets the requirements in accordance with §745.8805, related to a written request.
Email Child Care Enforcement at CCFEnforcement.Daycare@hhs.texas.gov with any questions.