HHSC sent a GovDelivery notice on Sept. 13 for the new and revised Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) alternative device policy. This notice is to correct what was previously posted.
The correction is to state that qualified members using the Agency Option or Service Responsibility Option (SRO) must meet all the conditions listed below based on the option they are using.
- the member’s service provider does not have a smartphone or tablet; and
- the member does not have a landline or does not allow the service provider to use their landline
The correction is also to state that qualified members using the consumer directed services (CDS) option must meet all the conditions listed below.
- the CDS employee does not have a smartphone or tablet;
- the CDS employer does not have a landline or does not allow the CDS employee to use their landline; and
- the CDS employer does not allow the CDS employee to use their smart phone or tablet.
- Note: if the CDS employer purchased or pays for a landline, smartphone, or tablet with CDS funds from their Employer Support Services budget, they may not refuse to allow the CDS employee to use the smartphone or tablet.
These new and revised policies are outlined in the Alternative Device Policies effective Oct. 1, 2023 (PDF), located on the EVV webpage.
Email questions to HHSC EVV Operations.