On July 31, 2023, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) approved the Quality Incentive Payment Program for Nursing Facilities (QIPP) for a seventh program year. QIPP SFY 2024 launches Sept. 1, 2023.
The following program documents are available on the Medicaid and CHIP Services QIPP Resources Webpage:
- SFY 2024 Quality Metrics and Associated Performance Requirements
- SFY 2024 Overview & Requirements
- Reporting templates for Component 1 and Component 2 Performance Improvement Projects
- Self-paced training for the QIPP Data Submission Portal
The QIPP data submission portal will be offline after the final SFY 2023 reporting deadline from Sept. 8–18, 2023. When the portal reopens, all users must be approved and assigned in the portal before they can submit data for a facility. The first submission deadline for QIPP SFY 2024 is Oct. 5, 2023.
- Primary and secondary owner representatives will have accounts prepopulated in the portal based on contact information provided during enrollment. Use the “Forgot Password?” function to gain initial access.
- New and returning facility submitters must create new accounts and be approved by an owner representative through the portal’s “Assign User” function before they can submit data.
- HHSC cannot assign or grant portal access to individual facility submitters. Contact the facility’s owner representatives for approval and access.
Email QIPP with any questions.