HHSC has implemented a compliance grace period from July 1 to Dec. 31 for all program providers, financial management services agencies (FMSAs) and Consumer Directed Services (CDS) employers.
This will allow them to focus on transition efforts to the HHAeXchange system by Oct. 1, or to complete the Proprietary System Operator (PSO) onboarding process, if they were approved for a PSO onboarding slot.
During the grace period, HHSC and the Managed Care Organizations will not take enforcement action against program providers, FMSAs, and CDS employers who do not meet EVV compliance requirements for EVV Usage and home phone landline reviews.
As a reminder, effective Sept. 1, 2021, HHSC discontinued the Misuse of Reason Code policy and compliance reviews for misuse of reason codes.
Payers will continue to conduct EVV Compliance reviews and send compliance notifications.
Program providers, FMSAs and CDS employers must perform the following:
- Monitor compliance reports monthly, at a minimum.
- Use the EVV system as required.
- Complete all required visit maintenance.
- Train or re-train service providers or CDS employees on clock-in and clock-out methods.
- Establish a process to monitor compliance reports with their CDS employer or FMSA unless they have read-only access in the EVV system (Option 3 on Form 1722).
- Ask questions.