HHSC adopted rules in:
- Chapter 744, Minimum Standards for School-Age and Before or After-School Programs
- Chapter 746, Minimum Standards for Child-Care Centers
- Chapter 747, Minimum Standards for Child-Care Homes
- Chapter 748, Minimum Standards for General Residential Operations
- Chapter 749, Minimum Standards for Child-Placing Agencies
The rules are effective Dec. 21, 2022.
Visit the Child Care Regulation (CCR) Minimum Standards webpage to review:
- Revision Memos that summarize the rule changes in Chapters 744, 746, 747, 748 and 749
- Highlighted copies of the adopted rules that show the changes from previous rules
- Updated minimum standards courtesy publications
CCR will provide technical assistance for the first six months §748.3319 and §748.3321 are in effect, from Dec. 21, 2022, through June 21, 2023.
Visit the Texas Register to review a summary of comments HHSC received during the formal public comment period and HHSC’s response to the public comments, including whether HHSC made any changes to the rules.