COVID-19 cases are increasing across Texas. HHSC reminds providers to follow the guidelines listed below and ensure their emergency plan is up to date. Staff must be aware of what to do in the event of any emergency, including an outbreak of flu or COVID-19.
Review the following guidelines and rules:
- COVID-19 mitigation rules.
- Any applicable COVID-19 response plans for your provider type.
- Your provider’s own infection prevention and control policies.
Find COVID-19 resources on:
- Your provider portal under the COVID-19 Resources section.
- The HHSC COVID-19 Provider Information webpage.
Long-term care providers are always required to provide services to residents or clients before, during and after an emergency. The emergency plan or policy must include:
- Planning for staff shortages.
- A backup plan to ensure operations and care of residents or clients continue.
Read program specific rules related to staffing, emergency preparedness and infection control below:
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Day Activity and Health Services Facilities
- Intermediate Care Facilities
- Home and Community-based Services
- Home and Community Support Services Agencies
- Nursing Facilities
- Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Centers
- Texas Home Living
A checklist (PDF) is available to assist you with creating a plan for dealing with an outbreak of flu or COVID-19.