HHSC Long-term Care Regulation has published a revised assisted living facility COVID-19 Mitigation and Response Emergency Rule (PDF). It is effective April 3, 2022.
The revised rule:
- Defines the term “up-to-date”.
- Removes the definition of personal protective equipment and specific references to the CDC.
- Removes the requirements to have plans to get and maintain a certain amount of PPE.
- Removes the requirement to document staff and visitor screenings.
- Removes the requirement to screen residents at least once a day.
- Uses the term “notify” instead of “report” for contacting HHSC regarding a confirmed case of COVID-19.