The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) approved an added $1 billion in funding for the 2022 Child Care Relief Fund. The funds are for all eligible licensed centers, licensed homes and registered homes across the state.
TWC will begin sending out invitations to apply for Child Care Relief Funding 2022 in the next few weeks. Eligible child care programs will receive an application link through the email address used to log in to the operation’s Child Care Regulation Account. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until May 31, 2022.
Eligible child care centers and homes will meet all the following qualifications:
- At the time of application, the operation is open and operating (or temporarily closed due to COVID-19 with plans to re-open within 30 days) and not currently on corrective or adverse action with CCR.
- The center or home is permitted as of Feb. 28, 2022.
- The center or home will remain open through at least May 2023.
Child care programs can prepare by:
- Confirming that all information provided within the operation’s Child Care Regulation Account is up-to-date. Make sure email, mailing addresses and controlling persons are accurate. This information will be used to start and process your application for funds.
- Gather receipts for eligible costs beginning Sept. 1, 2021 – you will report this later.
- Start planning for how you will use the funds.
Email CCR Relief for expanded technical help. They are available to guide you through the 2022 funding and answer any questions you have.