HHSC Long-term Care Regulation published updates to nursing facility rules located in 26 Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 554. They will become effective Jan. 2, 2022.
The rule updates include additional requirements related to:
- Consent to antipsychotic or neuroleptic medication (26 TAC §554.1207);
- Rapid influenza diagnostic tests (26 TAC §554.1601(b)(4));
- Monitoring of multidrug-resistant organisms (26 TAC §554.1601(b)(2)(A)); and
- Add infection prevention and control training to annual in-service training for nurse aides (26 TAC §554.1001).
The rule updates also include the following Life Safety Code related clarifications:
- Updated fire marshal inspection requirements;
- Corrected rule cross-references and removed outdated references;
- Amended facility construction requirements for clarity and consistency; and
- Updated references that became outdated when 40 TAC Chapter 19 was administratively transferred to 26 TAC Chapter 554.
Read PL 2021-43 (PDF) for details.
For questions, email LTCR Policy.