COVID-19 cases are increasing across Texas. HHSC reminds providers to follow the guidelines listed below and ensure their emergency plan is up-to-date. Staff must be aware of what to do in the event of any sort of emergency, including an outbreak of flu or COVID-19.
Please review the following guidelines and rules:
- COVID-19 mitigation and visitation rules
- Any applicable COVID-19 response plans for your provider type
- Your provider’s own infection prevention and control policies
Find COVID-19 resources on:
- Your provider portal under the COVID-19 Resources section
- The HHSC COVID-19 Provider Information page
Your vigilance following infection control requirements can make a difference in protecting vulnerable Texans.
LTC providers are always required to provide services to residents or clients before, during and after an emergency. The emergency plan or policy must include:
- Planning for staff shortages.
- A back-up plan to ensure operations and care of resident or clients continue.
Read program specific rules related to staffing, emergency preparedness and infection control.
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Day Activity and Health Services Facilities
- Intermediate Care Facilities
- Home and Community-based Services
- Home and Community Support Services Agencies
- Nursing Facilities
- Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Centers
- Texas Home Living
A checklist (PDF)is available to assist you with creating a plan for dealing with an outbreak of flu or COVID-19.