Child Care Regulation invites you to review and provide comments on the potential rule changes in Chapters:
- 744, Minimum Standards for School-Age and Before or After-School Programs
- 746, Minimum Standards for Child-Care Centers
- 747, Minimum Standards for Child-Care Homes
- 748, Minimum Standards for General Residential Operations
- 749, Minimum Standards for Child-Placing Agencies
The rule changes update rules and minimum standards under changes made by House Bill 1540, SECTIONS 18, 19 and 20, of the 87th Legislature, Regular Session, 2021.
This is an informal opportunity to provide comment on the drafted rules early in the rule development process. You will have another opportunity to comment once the rules are proposed and published in the Texas Register.
The informal comment period for this rule project is Dec. 15, 2021, through Jan. 3, 2022.
Send your comments on these potential rule changes by Jan. 3 to Child Care Regulation by either:
- E-mail to HHS Child Care Regulation Rules
- Mail: Ryan Malsbary, Rules Writer (22R020), Child Care Regulation, Texas Health and Human Services Commission E-550, P.O. Box 149030, Austin, Texas 78714-9030.
Include the specific rule number(s) you are commenting on. This will help us understand and appropriately consider your comment.
Find more information about the HHSC rulemaking process and tips for submitting comments is on the HHSC website.