The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has issued Quality Safety & Oversight Memo QSO-22-02-ALL (PDF).
The memo includes the following key updates:
- CMS is announcing steps to assist State Survey Agencies in addressing the backlog of complaint and recertification surveys. These steps include:
- Revising the criteria for conducting COVID-19 Focused Infection Control (FIC) Surveys;
- Guidance for resuming recertification surveys; and
- Temporary guidance and minor flexibilities related to complaint investigations.
- CMS is increasing oversight in nursing homes to allow a more focused review of quality-of-life and quality-of-care concerns.