- News ArticleSeptember 27, 2022Texas HHS is joining the Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired, the Texas Workforce Commission and others to celebrate White Cane Day.
Topics: Disability, Health
- News ArticleJune 20, 2022HHS is celebrating Deafblind Awareness Week, June 26–July 2, by hosting two awareness events and highlighting its programs and staff who work with the deafblind community.
Topics: Children, Health, Disability
- News ArticleApril 25, 2022In recognition of Brain Injury Awareness Month in March, the HHS Texas Brain Injury programs hosted a free virtual conference focusing on how resilience is fostered in the brain injury recovery process.
- News ArticleApril 4, 2022Since 2013, the HHS Children’s Autism Program has provided approximately 700,000 hours of Applied Behavior Analysis services to Texas children.
Topics: Disability, Health, Children
- July 12, 2021With about half of its residents having some form of visual impairment, Lufkin State Supported Living Center makes orientation and mobility training a key part of its new employee orientation.