- News ReleaseNovember 12, 2020Construction crews are busy at work on a nearly $200 million project to build a 227,000 square-foot patient complex and replace the administration building at Rusk State Hospital.
Topics: Health, Mental Health
- News ReleaseSeptember 24, 2020Texas HHSC has secured a two-year, $104 million grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration to help people and families negatively impacted by opioids.
Topics: Substance Use, Mental Health, Health
- News ReleaseSeptember 21, 2020The Texas Health and Human Services Commission is awarding nearly $125 million in Substance Use Disorder treatment grants to 100 awardees to provide prevention, intervention, and treatment services for individuals at-risk for substance use disorders.
Topics: Substance Use, Health, Mental Health
- News ReleaseSeptember 17, 2020Gov. Greg Abbott directed HHSC to expand visitation options for eligible nursing, assisted living, intermediate care facilities, home and community-based service providers, and inpatient hospice, effective Thursday, Sept. 24.
Topics: Health, COVID-19
- News ReleaseAugust 31, 2020HHSC announced the launch of an enhanced postpartum care services package for eligible women enrolled in Healthy Texas Women, called HTW Plus.
Topics: Women, Health