- News ArticleJune 20, 2022HHS is celebrating Deafblind Awareness Week, June 26–July 2, by hosting two awareness events and highlighting its programs and staff who work with the deafblind community.
Topics: Children, Health, Disability
- News ArticleApril 4, 2022Since 2013, the HHS Children’s Autism Program has provided approximately 700,000 hours of Applied Behavior Analysis services to Texas children.
Topics: Disability, Health, Children
- News ArticleMarch 3, 2022HHSC, the Texas Workforce Commission, the Texas Education Agency and other state agencies have teamed up to launch a streamlined website to connect Texas parents to a variety of free or low cost early childhood services and resources, available through different state agencies and programs.
Topics: Children, Health
- News ReleaseNovember 19, 2021HHS is connecting with Spanish-speaking Texans through Maya, a chatbot that provides information in Spanish about the WIC services available to new mothers and families with young children.
Topics: Children, Health, Women
- Media AdvisoryJune 22, 2021The Abilene Foster Grandparent Program is hosting a “Time with Grandma” event to connect with children at a local child care center on Wednesday, June 23.
Topics: Community Engagement, Children, Aging
- May 3, 2021HHSC ODPC held a free, weekly virtual conference to promote National Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month.
- Media AdvisoryMarch 4, 2021During National Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month in March, the ODPC is hosting a free online conference and webinar series.
Topics: Children, Disability, Health, Community Engagement