- News ArticleDecember 27, 2021The Mental Health First Aid program has been receiving more interest from HHS employees who want to learn how to help others who might be having a mental health crisis.
Topics: Mental Health
- News ArticleDecember 23, 2021HHS in the News features news stories and articles about the positive impact the Texas Health and Human Services Commission provides Texans through its programs and services.
- News ArticleDecember 20, 2021HHS employees sponsored 649 wish lists, donating over 1,900 gifts to children in foster care across the state.
- News ArticleDecember 16, 2021Gov. Greg Abbott today announced Texas HHSC is providing $128 million in federal American Rescue Plan Act funding to rural hospitals and nursing facilities to support health care providers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Topics: Health, Long-term Care Providers
- News ArticleDecember 13, 2021Austin State Supported Living Center residents, staff and volunteers participate in the 44th Annual National Follow Your Dreams Music Festival.
- News ArticleDecember 6, 2021HHS efforts to help health care professionals combat human trafficking were recently highlighted in an article in the Journal of Human Trafficking.
- News ArticleDecember 3, 2021Gov. Greg Abbott today announced the Texas HHSC is providing more than $308 million in emergency Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) food benefits for the month of December.
Topics: Benefits, Food
- News ArticleNovember 23, 2021The HHS website has a brand-new look and improved features to better serve Texans.
- News ArticleNovember 19, 2021HHS in the News features news stories and articles about the positive impact the Texas Health and Human Services Commission provides Texans through its programs and services.
- News ArticleNovember 18, 2021As the holidays draw near and people spend more time at home, HHS and the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services want to remind Texans about resources for domestic violence victims and family and friends who want to help.