- News ArticleMarch 14, 2022In Texas, breast cancer is the most common type of cancer diagnosed among women across all race and ethnicity groups.
Topics: Women, Health
- News ArticleMarch 11, 2022HHSC invites public input on the prosed Texas State Plan on Aging for fiscal years 2023 through 2025
Topics: Financial, Health
- News ArticleMarch 10, 2022The HHS Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services program helps Texans who have experienced a TBI or traumatic spinal cord injury gain and maintain independence in their homes and communities.
- News ArticleMarch 3, 2022HHSC, the Texas Workforce Commission, the Texas Education Agency and other state agencies have teamed up to launch a streamlined website to connect Texas parents to a variety of free or low cost early childhood services and resources, available through different state agencies and programs.
Topics: Children, Health
- News ArticleMarch 2, 2022Gov. Greg Abbott announced that HHSC is providing more than $310 million in emergency Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program food benefits for the month of March.
Topics: Food, Health
- Media AdvisoryFebruary 24, 2022During National Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month in March, the ODPC is hosting a free statewide virtual conference.
Topics: Health, Disability
- News ReleaseJanuary 24, 2022HHSC is offering up to $5,000 bonuses for RNs and LVNs at SSLCs and state hospitals, as well as DSPs at SSLCs and PNAs at state hospitals.
Topics: Jobs, Health
- News ArticleJanuary 24, 2022With influenza numbers on the rise, it’s important to stay vigilant and get vaccinated if you haven’t yet.
- News ReleaseJanuary 6, 2022During National Cervical Health Awareness Month this January, Texas HHSC is encouraging women to get screened for cervical cancer.
- News ArticleDecember 16, 2021Gov. Greg Abbott today announced Texas HHSC is providing $128 million in federal American Rescue Plan Act funding to rural hospitals and nursing facilities to support health care providers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Topics: Health, Long-term Care Providers