- News ArticleMay 9, 2022HHS encourages Texans to show their support for women and raise awareness during National Women’s Health Week.
Topics: Women, Health
- News ReleaseMay 6, 2022Texas is raising awareness of National Women's Health Week beginning May 8 by encouraging women across the state to take care of their physical and mental health, and schedule important screenings for breast cancer and cervical cancer.
Topics: Health, Women
- News ArticleMay 4, 2022HHS in the News features news stories and articles about the positive impact the Texas Health and Human Services Commission provides Texans through its programs and services.
- News ArticleMay 2, 2022HHSC administers an array of programs and supports to help older Texans live healthy lives, stay connected to their communities and age-in-place.
Topics: Aging, Health
- News ArticleApril 28, 2022In anticipation of the upcoming solicitation and resulting contract for STAR & CHIP, HHSC is issuing this Request for Public Comment to seek information and comments regarding the proposed Best Value Criteria the agency will use to evaluate and select the successful respondent.
- News ArticleApril 4, 2022Since 2013, the HHS Children’s Autism Program has provided approximately 700,000 hours of Applied Behavior Analysis services to Texas children.
Topics: Disability, Health, Children
- News ArticleApril 1, 2022Gov. Greg Abbott announced that HHSC is providing more than $318 million in emergency Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program food benefits for the month of April.
Topics: Health, Food
- Media AdvisoryMarch 22, 2022The Texas Health and Human Services Commission is hosting a free virtual conference on March 30-31 to raise awareness about brain injuries and educate health care providers across the state on treatment options.
Topics: Health, Disability
- News ArticleMarch 21, 2022This one-day “wake-up call” reminds us about diabetes and the serious health issues it can cause.
- News ArticleMarch 14, 2022In Texas, breast cancer is the most common type of cancer diagnosed among women across all race and ethnicity groups.
Topics: Women, Health