Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
DBS educates consumers about diabetes self-management.
Diabetes self-management education services are used to:
- assess the consumer's ability to independently manage the disease at home;
- assess the consumer's ability to independently manage the disease in the workplace;
- assess the consumer's ability to participate in intensive rehabilitation training for persons who are blind, such as the training sessions and mini-training sessions offered by DARS CCRC;
- prepare a consumer to make informed choices about his or her diabetes; and
- help the consumer develop the confidence and skills to implement his or her choices.