Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
Education, Training, and Experience
Job placement service providers must have:
- a high school diploma or GED,
- a varied and successful work history,
- knowledge of employer expectations,
- knowledge of the local job market, and
- a minimum of one year experience in providing employment services to persons who have visual disabilities and/or other disabilities.
Services must not begin until DBS has issued a service authorization and/or purchase order.
A service authorization and/or purchase order must be completed at placement for the first payment and the second payment. Then, when all progress reports and payments are due, DBS will adjust dollar amounts as needed based on the check stub at the final billing.
Providers must have written authorization from DBS before the provider's employee provides services to DBS consumers. No service provided by a provider's employee will be paid if the service is provided before DBS written authorization is received.
For more information, see Chapter 1: Basic Standards, 1.6.4 Additional Requirements/Documenting Staff Changes of this manual and Chapter 4: Service Delivery Guidelines, 4.2 Staff Information Sheets.