Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
Each staff member of the interdisciplinary team (IDT), as appropriate, assesses a participant's abilities and limitations in relation to that staff member's area of expertise. The case manager writes a report of the assessments within two weeks of a participant's admission into the program. Each member of the IDT receives a copy of the report. Discharge planning utilizing the wraparound approach should be completed during the assessment and ongoing during IDT meetings.
The assessment of the participant must address each of the following areas:
- Specific developmental strengths and participant preferences
- Specific functional and adaptive social skills that the participant acquires from treatment
- Presenting disabilities and, when possible, their causes
- Need for services (without regard to their availability)
- Preauthorization of benefits
- Medical or physical history, or both
- Nutritional status including determining the appropriate diet, the adequacy of the participant’s total food intake, the participant’s eating skills, including disorders related to chewing, sucking, and swallowing disorders, the food service practices, and the participant’s ability to monitor and supervise their own nutritional status
- Social history
- Mental health needs
- Substance misuse needs
- Ability to self-administer medication
- Cognitive status
- Activities of daily living, as follows:
- Bathing and showering
- Functional mobility
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Toilet hygiene
- Managing money
- Shopping for groceries or clothing
- Using the phone or other form of communication
- Using technology
- Transportation within the community
- Required level of supervision
- Avocational skills
- Ongoing support needs
- Access to public benefits, including the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program
- Initial discharge plan
- Recommended course of treatment, duration and frequency of therapy and how progress will be tracked and monitored.