Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
Each certificate holder must earn a total of 10.0 CEUs (100 clock hours) during the five-year certification period in the amounts and topics as stipulated in the following to be eligible for recertification:
- 6.0 CEUs (60 clock hours) in interpreting-related topics;
- 2.0 CEUs (20 clock hours) in ethics-related topics; and
- 2.0 CEUs (20 clock hours) in general studies.
A certificate holder using college coursework towards CEUs must submit an official college transcript to verify the required credit.
Ethics Classes and Workshops Not Approved by DARS DHHS
To receive CEU credit for classes and workshops that have not been approved by DARS DHHS, a certificate holder must provide the following:
- a course description that provides sufficient information to determine material covered,
- recertification paperwork, and
- a letter from the teaching professor to verify the amount of time spent on the material by topic.