Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
Introduce notetakers using the following steps.
- Explain the architecture of the notetaker software (linear structure or Windows type).
- Provide instruction on the external features of the device including ports, jacks, and chargers.
- Provide instruction on changing speech parameters.
- Provide instruction on accessing and using the help menus.
- Provide instruction on file management including
- creating, opening, and deleting files and folders; and
- moving through a list of files and folders and renaming them.
- Provide instruction on reading in a file including
- reading by word, sentence, and line; and
- using spell mode.
- Provide instruction on writing functions including
- entering and deleting text, and
- using find and replace.
- Provide practice locating the cursor.
- For notetakers with refreshable braille display, provide instruction on locating the braille cursor.
- Provide practice reading a file using the braille display.
- Provide instruction on using the cursor routing keys.
- Provide instruction on how to navigate the device menus such as pull-down, file, and status menus.