Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
Teach scanning with a system scanner using the following steps.
- Review the previous lesson (The Word Processor).
- Provide instruction on how to operate a scanner that is attached to a computer and uses assistive optical character recognition (OCR) software.
- Explain the relationship between the speech component of the scanning software and the screen reader.
- Practice customizing the speech output in the scanning software.
- Explore the scanning functions within the assistive software including
- scanning a document and reading by word, line, and paragraph;
- scanning in the background; and
- advanced reading and scanning options.
- Practice editing a document including
- saving an edited file, and
- importing and exporting documents.
- Provide instruction on modifying and setting the screen magnification options in the assistive software.