Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
Teach operating system structure using the following steps.
- Review the previous lesson (Setting Up the Workstation).
- Explore the operating system software environment.
- Provide instruction on navigating the desktop, start menu, system tray, side bar (enabling and disabling), notification area, and task bar.
- Provide instruction on system dialog boxes and controls including
- using multitabbed dialog boxes;
- identifying and moving between dialog box controls;
- using combo boxes, checklists, edit boxes, and radio buttons; and
- using a screen reader to read the entire dialog box, if applicable.
- Explore documents, files, folders, directories, and paths including
- reading through tree views and list views;
- locating removable storage, local disk drives, and CD-ROM drive; and
- safely removing devices.
- Provide instructions on program windows and their structure including
- knowing the difference between program windows and dialog boxes;
- using status and scroll bars;
- minimizing, maximizing, moving, and restoring windows;
- switching between applications; and
- accessing the components of a program window using the keyboard.
- Provide instruction on keyboard commands for operating system functions.
- Provide instruction on getting help online and in the operating system.