Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
Some forms cannot be viewed in a web browser and must be opened in Adobe Reader on your desktop system. Click here for instructions on accessing your form.
- To serve as notice to any client, who has expressed a desire to appeal, that the request for a hearing has been received by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC).
- To serve as notice to the appellant of the time, date, telephone number, and place of the scheduled hearing.
- To serve as the cover letter to the appellant for Forms H4800, H4805, and H4806.
- To serve as notice to the program area to make a representative available for the hearing.
- In food stamp appeals involving an employment contractor, to serve as notice to the contractor of the time and date of the hearing so the contractor can send a copy of the appropriate material to the hearing officer and to ensure the contractor will have a representative available for the hearing.
- In Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) appeals involving an employment services noncompliance disqualification, to serve as notice to the employment services worker of the time and date of the hearing so the worker can send a copy of the appropriate material to the hearing officer and to ensure the worker is available for the hearing.
When to Prepare
The hearing officer prepares Form H4803-T in all appeals immediately upon receipt of Form H4800, Petition for Hearing.
Number of Copies
Prepare an original and at least four copies. Additional copies are prepared as needed.
The original is mailed to the appellant and includes the following:
- Form H4800, Petition for Hearing;
- Form H4805, Statement of Appellant's Rights in Hearing Proceedings;
- Form H4806, Request for Another Appointment — Request to Withdraw; and
- Envelope addressed to the hearing officer.
A copy is prepared and sent to the appellant's authorized representative or legal counsel, if appropriate.
Copies are sent to the supervisor and the worker or technician.
In food stamp cases involving an employment contractor, a copy is sent to the local office of the employment contractor (attention: Office Manager), as designated on Form H1816, Food Stamp E&T Noncompliance Report.
In TANF cases involving an employment services noncompliance disqualification, a copy is sent to the employment services worker designated on Form H2581, Choices Noncompliance Report.
A copy is retained in the hearing officer's file.
The hearing officer's copy is destroyed three years after the appeal is completed. The supervisor's copy may be retained for one year for worker evaluations, if needed. The case record copy is retained for three years after the case is closed.
Exceptions: For TANF, food stamps, or Texas Works medical programs, see the retention requirements in the Texas Works Manager's Guide.
Date — Enter the date Form H4803-T is prepared.
Program — Enter the program name.
Case No. — Enter the case number that corresponds to the case name.
Agency Representative and Telephone Number — Enter the name of the agency representative and telephone number.
Telephone Number and Place — Enter the telephone number and place where the hearing officer expects the appellant to be.
Day, Date, Time — Enter the day of the week, date, and time of the scheduled hearing.
Hearing Officer's Name and Address — Enter the name and address of the hearing officer. The hearing officer's signature is not required.
Telephone Number of Hearings Office — Enter the telephone number of the Hearings Office.
Legal Assistance — Enter the name and telephone number of a local agency.