Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
Downloading a Form to Your Computer
Fillable forms cannot be viewed on mobile or tablet devices. Follow the steps below to download and view the form on a desktop PC or Mac.
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
Note: This form is computer generated and no sample is provided.
To provide Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients:
- notification that their Medicaid benefits are denied due to the denial of their SSI benefits;
- information on potential eligibility for Medicaid without SSI;
- instructions on how to apply for other types of Medicaid;
- contact information for the Social Security Administration (SSA) if they want to appeal the SSA’s decision; and
- contact information for legal advice.
When to Prepare
When the SSA notifies Texas Health and Human Services (HHS) that an SSI recipient's benefits are denied or suspended, TIERS automatically prints and sends H1296 to the SSI recipient. H1296 contains the last day of Medicaid coverage for the SSI recipient at the top of the notice. H1296 is a TIERS generated form that is printed with a cover sheet that contains the SSI recipient's name, address, case number, and the date the notice was printed.
Note: TIERS does not generate Form H1296 if the SSI recipient is deceased.
Number of Copies
Every SSI recipient denied Medicaid receives one copy.
TIERS sends Form H1296 to the SSI recipient. The SSI recipient is advised via Form H1296 of their Medicaid denial and of the requirements needed for continued Medicaid coverage.
Forms H1296 are mailed daily.
The department does not keep a copy of this form.