Downloading a Form to Your Computer
Fillable forms cannot be viewed on mobile or tablet devices. Follow the steps below to download and view the form on a desktop PC or Mac.
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
To apprise applicants and clients who have private health insurance of
- the effect that the private health insurance has on their eligibility for Medicaid;
- how their private health insurance benefits are to be used in relation to Medicaid benefits; and
- their responsibilities for reporting any change in private health insurance coverage, including premium changes.
When to Prepare
Prepare Form H1222 when an applicant or recipient reports coverage under a private health insurance policy not previously reported on Form H1039, Medical Insurance Input.
Number of Copies
Prepare an original and one copy.
Send the original to the applicant or client at his mailing address or that of the responsible party. A self-addressed envelope is included to facilitate a response. File the copy in the case record.
Keep the copy according to the retention requirements for the case record.
Inside Address — Enter the name of the client and his mailing address or that of his responsible party.
Date — Self-explanatory.
Worker — Self-explanatory.
Office Address and Telephone Number — Enter the caseworker's complete address and telephone number.
Policy No. I and Policy No. 2 — This portion of the form is completed by the client or his responsible party as changes in the client's private health insurance policies occur.
Signature — The individual reporting the changes in the client's private health insurance policies signs here.
Date — The individual reporting the changes in the recipient's private health insurance policies enters the date he signs the signature line addressed above.