Downloading a Form to Your Computer
Fillable forms cannot be viewed on mobile or tablet devices. Follow the steps below to download and view the form on a desktop PC or Mac.
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
To notify the recipient or authorized representative of a delay in processing the deduction for incurred medical expenses (IME) when the:
- signature of the recipient or authorized representative is missing on Form H1263-A, Certification of Medical Necessity – Durable Medical Equipment or Other IME, or Form H1263-B, Certification of No Medical Contraindication – Dental;
- signature of the recipient or authorized representative is not an original signature on Form H1263-A or Form H1263-B; or
- authority to act for the recipient is not complete on Form H1263-A or Form H1263-B.
To notify providers of a delay in processing the deduction for IME when:
- Current dental terminology (CDT) codes are needed;
- Healthcare common procedural coding system (HCPCS) codes are needed;
- the original signature of the attending practitioner is needed; or
- other information is needed.
When to Prepare
Complete this form when items are needed and when processing of the IME request is delayed beyond the 10-day time frame.
Number of Copies
An original and one copy.
The form is sent to the recipient at their address or that of the authorized representative. This form is sent to the provider if the information is needed from the provider.
Keep one copy in the case record.
Name and address: — Enter the name of the applicant or recipient and mailing address, or the address of the applicant or recipient's client's authorized representative, or enter the provider's name and address.
Date — Self-explanatory.
Case number — Self-explanatory.
HHSC contact information — Self-explanatory.
Return the item marked below with this letter by — Enter 10 days from the current date. The day the form is sent out is day zero.
For recipients or authorized representatives — Check the box needed.
For authorized representatives — Check the box, if needed.
For providers — Check the box needed. If other, enter the items needed.