Learn about the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver Renewal.
For information about COVID-19, call 2-1-1 and select Option 6.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
Some forms cannot be viewed in a web browser and must be opened in Adobe Reader on your desktop system. Click here for instructions on accessing your form.
For prescribing providers to request pharmacy prior authorization for Emflaza (deflazacort). Deflazacort is FDA-approved for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) in patients two years of age and older.
Treatment approval criteria for Emflaza (deflazacort) includes:
- Patient two years of age and older with a diagnosis DMD.
- Patient has tried prednisone for three months or longer and has one the following adverse events as a result prednisone use:
- Cushingoid appearance;
- Central (truncal) obesity;
- Undesirable weight gain (greater than or equal to 10% body weight gain over a six-month period);
- Diabetes and/or hypertension that is difficult to manage; or
- Experienced a severe behavioral adverse event.
- For renewal requests:
- Complete Sections 1, 5 and 6 of this form.
Reasons for denial include but are not limited to the following:
- Age less than two years.
- Use of CYP3A4 in last 90 days.
- No previous trial with prednisone.
When to Prepare
- This addendum must accompany the Texas Department of Insurance Standard Prior Authorization Form (TDI Form NOFR002) (PDF).
- Only use this form for people enrolled in Medicaid fee-for-service.
- The prescribing provider should sign and submit all requests. Complete all requested information or document why information is not available.
- Fax: 866-469-8590
- Direct questions about this form to the Texas Prior Authorization Call Center at 877-PA-TEXAS (877-728-3927).