M—121 Filing an Application
Revision 17-1; Effective January 1, 2017
Individuals who wish to apply for MTFCY can:
- submit an application as explained in A-113, Application Requests and Submissions; and
- sign an application as explained in A-122, Application Signature.
M—122 File Date
Revision 20-4; Effective October 1, 2020
The file date is the day an application is received in one of the following ways:
- by an HHSC eligibility determination office;
- online through YourTexasBenefits.com;
- by phone through 2-1-1; or
- through an account transfer from the Marketplace.
The file date is the day any HHSC eligibility determination office or call center vendor accepts an application containing the applicant's name, address, and appropriate signature. This is day zero in the application process.
Document why a certain file date was used to determine eligibility when:
- the file date used differs from the received date on the application; or
- the application has two received dates (stamp dates).
Note: For applications received outside of normal business hours, the file date is the next business day.
Application Signature, A-122.1