Revision 05-2; Effective April 1, 2005
B—221 Types of Benefits
Revision 23-3; Effective July 1, 2023
TANF and SNAP
There are seven types of benefits:
B—222 Mailing Addresses for Issuing Benefits
Revision 21-4; Effective October 1, 2021
TANF and Medical Programs
Staff issue benefits to the person's physical address, unless the person:
- is temporarily living at another address;
- has a post office box or general delivery address;
- has a guardian; or
- provides a good reason for a different mailing address, showing the person would suffer hardship if benefits were mailed to their physical address.
Staff should not use a local eligibility determination office address or an employee's physical address as a mailing address, unless the employee is the TANF applicant or recipient.
The person's physical address is the preferred mailing address to enter in TIERS. However, the person may use another mailing address if they believe it is more secure or they have no physical address.
- If a person has a post office box and physical address, both are entered in TIERS, unless they reside in a shelter for battered persons.
- The U.S. Postal Service does not forward TANF warrants or the Your Texas Benefits Medicaid cards.