Revision 15-4; Effective October 1, 2015
TANF and Medical Programs
Advisors must document:
- information from the verification source to prove the children live in the home (for collateral contacts, include name and address and/or telephone number);
- the reason for any temporary absence;
- information from the verification source to prove the household member or payee returned to and lived in the home for at least 30 days when allowing another temporary absence period;
- the living arrangement for unmarried minor parents;
- if the caretaker/relative continues to provide care and control when a child is admitted voluntarily into a state hospital;
- if a child was admitted into a state hospital voluntarily or via a court order; and
- if a child was admitted into a general residential operations facility.
Note: For Medical Programs except TP 08 and TA 31, accept self-declaration as verification of domicile.
TANF, TP 08 and TA 31
Advisors must document the school name, obtained from the caretaker/payee during the interview, for each school-age child.
Advisors must document how the minor parent meets or does not meet the unmarried minor parent domicile requirement, according to policy in A-930, Requirement for Unmarried Minor Parents to Live with an Adult or in an Adult-Supervised Setting.