Revision 22-3; Effective July 1, 2022
For OTTANF, document:
- OTTANF verifications and an explanation of the household situation in case comments;
- the household has been informed of the one-time payment at application and whether the caretaker requested or declined the payment; and
- which of the following crisis criteria the applicant meets to qualify for OTTANF:
- loss or potential loss of income;
- loss of spousal support;
- proof of graduation;
- loss or potential loss of transportation;
- loss or potential loss of shelter; or
- medical emergency.
When verification is unavailable, document:
- the person's statement;
- the reason verification is unavailable; and
- efforts made to obtain verification.
For One-Time TANF for Relatives, if the relative:
- Is potentially eligible, document the household has been informed of the one-time payment at application or review and whether they requested or declined the payment.
- Requests the payment, document:
- TIERS and GPS inquiry was completed and whether the household did or did not previously receive a Grandparent Payment or One-Time TANF for Relatives;
- the household's income and resources; and
- that the requesting household meets the eligible relative caretaker or payee criteria.