Revision 15-4; Effective October 1, 2015
School attendance must be verified:
- at each complete review. During the summer months, the advisor must determine whether the child or teen parent met the requirement since the last complete review;
- when curing a school attendance penalty; and
- at application, if school is in session. Notes:
- School is considered to be in session during holiday breaks.
- If an individual applies when school is not in session and indicates a child is not meeting school attendance requirements and will not meet the requirement when school begins, a full-family sanction is imposed. See A-2140, Full-Family Sanction.
TP 08 and TA 31
Advisors must verify full-time school attendance when the only dependent child(ren) of an individual requesting TP 08 or TA 31 is(are) age 18 at application and redetermination. When an individual on TP 08 has dependent children younger than age 18, no verification of school attendance is required for the younger children or for the 18-year-old.
During the summer months, staff must determine whether the dependent child met the school attendance requirements at the end of the previous school year and confirm that the child intends to meet the requirements when school begins.
A–1641 Verification Sources
Revision 22-3; Effective July 1, 2022
TANF, SNAP, TP 08 and TA 31
School attendance may be verified with the following sources:
- school attendance registrar records;
- current report card;
- Form H1086, School Attendance Verification; or
- statement from the person indicating the child is home schooled, if not questionable. Note: If the person's statement is questionable, request copies of their curriculum, study materials or other proof of coursework.