Revision 19-1; Effective July 1, 2019
When all or part of the information reported to PI fails to meet the definition of abuse, neglect, or exploitation, PI forwards the information to the provider, and if applicable, the HHSC Regulatory Services Division program, professional licensing board, or law enforcement.
PI does not investigate:
- if another program or division of HHSC or another state agency is responsible under state law for the investigation;
- general complaints such as:
- rights violations; or
- daily administrative operations;
- operational issues related to the business of managed care or consumer directed services;
- if the allegation involves only the clinical practice of a licensed professional;
- theft, as defined in Chapter 31 of the Texas Penal Code;
- allegations of exploitation less than $25.00; or
- loans made by a person receiving services to a direct provider of a community provider.
See related 26 TAC Section 711.7.