Revision 21-1; Effective April 26, 2021
PI conducts time-sensitive, evidence-based investigations of allegations of physical, sexual and, verbal or emotional abuse, neglect, and exploitation involving people receiving services from certain providers.
DFPS SWI provides HHSC PI with an intake containing information related to a person receiving services.
- notifies the provider and, if applicable, HHS regulatory program, law enforcement, and OIG (3200 Notifications);
- collects relevant evidence (3300 Evidence Collection);
- analyzes the evidence to reach a finding (3400 Evidence Analysis),
- documents the conclusion; and
- provides the final report to the provider and, if applicable, HHS regulatory program, law enforcement and OIG (3520 Investigation Status Report and Report Provision).