Revision 09-4; Effective December 1, 2009
Count the equity value in the reported home property if the home property:
- does not meet homestead criteria (see Section F-3100, The Home and Resource Exclusions);
- is in a revocable trust; or
- meets homestead criteria, but cannot be excluded as a resource based on any of the following exclusion reasons:
- principal place of residence (see Section F-3111, The Home as the Principal Place of Residence);
- intent to return home (see Section F-3120, Intent to Return Home); or
- home is placed for sale (see Section F-3130, Home Placed for Sale)
See also Section F-3500, Out-of-State Home Property.
Note: If the home is in an irrevocable trust, see Section F-6500, Irrevocable Trusts. Follow regional procedures to request assistance from HHSC Legal regarding the terms and conditions of trusts. See Appendix XVI, Documentation and Verification Guide.