3.6 Building Occupancy Codes

Environmental safety must comply with local building occupancy codes, the Americans with Disabilities Act, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) codes, and all applicable state laws and standards. Documentation of compliance is provided to the CRS program at the time of the original approval and the effective date when there is a change of a location of services. Renters should contact the property owner to get such documentation. A certificate of occupancy from the local municipality is also required.