All providers who provide PARS in a residential setting that do business with the CRS program must be licensed by at least one of the following regulatory agencies, as appropriate:
- Health and Human Services (HHS), as an assisted living facility;
- HHS, as a nursing facility;
- Department of State Health Services (DSHS), as a hospital; or
- DSHS, as a chemical-dependency treatment center.
The providers must maintain accreditation from:
- the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities;
- the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations; or
- the Disease-Specific Care Certification in Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program.
New facility-based providers doing business with CRS that do not already meet this requirement are granted up to two years from the date of their CRS contract for post-acute brain injury or post-acute spinal cord injury services to obtain the accreditation.