9200, Applicants Who Have an Administrator’s License from Another State

April 2022

CCR staff may waive any prerequisite for an applicant to get an administrator’s license if the applicant has a valid administrator’s license from another state and:

  1. the other state’s license requirements are substantially equivalent to the requirements for a license under 26 TAC §745.8914; or
  2. there is a reciprocity agreement between Texas and the other state.

CCR staff may issue a provisional child care administrator’s license to an applicant licensed in another state who applies for a license in Texas. See 9510 Issuance of a Provisional Child Care Administrator’s License.  

Texas Human Resources Code §§43.0042; 43.0081

26 TAC §745.8913