The applicant must:
- complete Form 3901-3, Court Interpreter Performance Test, and Form 3901-2, Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility of Certified Court Interpreters;
- attach to the form:
- a copy of a valid photo ID or driver's license;
- a copy of valid certificate card; and
- a check, money order, or cashier's check payable to DARS DHHS for the designated fee; and
- mail the form with the attachments to DARS DHHS at least 60 calendar days before a scheduled test date. Scheduled test dates are published on the DARS DHHS Board for Evaluation of Interpreters (BEI) Registry.
A submitted application does not guarantee that a requested appointment on a specified day, location, or time will be accommodated. Appointments are given on a first-come, first-served basis. The DARS DHHS staff member contacts applicants when necessary to arrange alternate testing dates.
For more information about test expectations and format, see the Study Guide for BEI Court Interpreter Performance Test Candidates available online or by request from the DARS DHHS office.